Improving availability & performances of hydroelectric generators through innovation
BRUSH DUST SUCTION FOR GENERATOR/MOTOR SLIPRINGSDust from sliprings brushes is a source of contamination requiring regular machine stops for cleaning. Indeed these conductive dusts can lead to insulation defects on active parts and cause important damages which can be irreversible.
BH2M offers an innovative suction solution to avoid dusts spreading in the machine and ensure a high level of cleanliness similar to a new machine.
Thanks to our extensive skills and experience on generators and more specifically on brush holder systems, BH2M is able to propose a customized solution for each machine and an industrialization/integration level equivalent to any other auxiliary system.
The system has been optimized by using CFD* analysis to ensure a high level of carbon dust extraction. BH2M solution can be implemented on all electrical machines equipped with brushes. * CFD : Computational Fluid Dynamics
SIGNIFICANT BENEFITS ENSURING AVAILABILITY AND PERFORMANCE OF YOUR MACHINES
- Elimination of down time for machine cleaning
- Very silent system
- Very low power consumption during operation
- Measure of filters filling rate
- Quick replacement of filters
- Air flow generated ensures slipring optimal operating conditions and patina creation
- Possibility to re-use existing brushes and brush-holders
- Customized design according to number of brushes & size of machine
- Compatible with all types of units: horizontal, vertical, special machines such as reversible or pressurized machines
- Customized control panel, local display, alarm management and possible integration with control system